About Me

My photo
I'm an artist and art teacher to grades K-5. Life is truly interesting. About 15 years ago, (after being bitten by a copperhead snake, and restricted to the recliner) I re-discovered my love of crocheting. I've made hundreds of items, from huge crochet blankets to tiny jump-drive cozies. It's a sickness! I keep thinking I will eventually get it out of my system. It hasn't happened yet. I can't get enough yarn!!! If interested, you can view my shop at http://threadmill.etsy.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crocheting While Driving

Ok, someone told me I need to have a blog to promote my shop. I crochet. I mean it. I crochet like a demon posessed... honest to god, every chance I get. I grab my hook and get my fiber in the morning with my coffee. I crochet surreptitiously during work breaks, during lunch, in fact I even have my hook and yarn beside me in my car ready to crochet when paused at those long, un-nerving stop lights. It is so tempting to crochet while driving. Hey, I can see the traffic ticket for that feat: CWD = CrochetingWhileDriving. (Which, by the way, I am thinking would make a great name for a rock group.)

I have hundreds of items I've made. I only have 2 daughters, and they have scarves, purses, hats and gadget cozies up the wazoo. None of my family lives near me, so I can't push my crochet wares off on them. I saw no option but to sell my soft and fuzzy goods. Someone told me about Etsy. Yesterday I made my very first sale, and I'm riding high off the thrill. There's another obsession for me.

And now blogging. I suppose blogging will be my next obsession. Once I figure out how to navigate around in here, play with the pictures, layout...

Bear with me, will you? I'm CWD.

Thanks



4 comments:

Deana Mattos said...

Very nice, can't wait to see more.
Your work is very nice.
I would love to be an art teacher what a awesome job.
So glad I could help out. Nice chatting.

THREADMILL said...

Thanks mattos, kind words indeed! I truly appreciate your help. You're my first visitor!

VanishingPoint said...

Very nice purses. I love your purple bunny-with-an-attitude on Etsy!

Can understand the obsession. I also carry crochet hooks with me in my purse at all times. And knitting needles...and yarn. Yes, I'm nuts. Nice to see someone else similarly taken with making yarn items but I have lots of sisters and brothers to foist things on :)

THREADMILL said...

Thank you vanishingpoint! Nice to know I have someone out there who shares my obsession! Yarn is better than crack!

My Etsy shop

Lake Tillery

Lake Tillery
Can you believe that I live in such a beautiful spot on this planet? I am daily reminded of how lucky I am. This place is always so beautiful, so peaceful. And I'm lucky enough to drive by here at least 20 times a week. Just wanted to share this with you...